Choosing Your Financial Fit
Up until now, students and families have been forced to hope that the financial awards they receive from colleges meet their budget. Choosing your Financial Fit, our innovative new service, allows you to set your college budget and then learn what schools meet that budget so you apply only to ones that fit your price range. Take control of your college search and choose your financial fit.
Valuable for students at all stages of high school, this module uses a structured process
to help you identify what you WANT to pay for college as a first step in the application process. My College Planning Team then identifies a set of schools that fit your budget.
Ideal start: January of Junior year in High School
What to Expect From This Module
- Helps you set an annual budget for net out-of-pocket costs per year for college.
- Prepares a college funding plan, detailing the most cost-efficient options to pay for college and set a goal for the level of student participation, including work on campus
and student loans.
- Provides reports to show which colleges are in or below your annual budget.
- Identifies specific income, asset, tax and borrowing strategies to reduce college costs
and increase your eligibility for financial assistance.
- Prepare customized college budget scenarios detailing funding sources for each
scenario, including financial aid projections and debt repayment after graduation.
- Includes a referral to a Certified Financial Planner at your option for more complex
financial aid solutions.
When paired with Building a Balanced College List, this module allows families to apply
to colleges using not just academic and personal objectives, but financial considerations
as well. Ask about a bundled discount for the pair.
Includes three meetings with an experienced counselor plus outside work by both the counselor and the family. Available for a $495 flat fee.
My College Planning Team offers affordable, stackable modules to help you successfully address the academic, personal and financial sides of your student’s college search.
No $7k+ consulting services that ignore financial issues. No stressful DIYing the applications hoping you haven’t overlooked some key part of the process.
Stackable. Focused. Affordable.
We offer discounts on bundles of modules. Schedule a meeting with us so we can help you build a set of modules perfect for your individual needs. Please click here to see some popular bundles.